Guy E. Ham Beef Industry Scholarship
The South Dakota Stockgrowers Association is proud to accept applications for a $1,000 and a $500 scholarship, to be awarded on September 22, 2017. These scholarships are made possible by the generosity and gift of the Guy E. Ham Beef Industry Scholarship in memory of Guy Ham and his commitment to the future of the agriculture industry in South Dakota.
The Guy E Ham Beef Industry Scholarship is available to students who
•Have successfully completed at least one full year of post-high school academic study.
• Are attending an institution of Higher Education including university, community colleges and technical schools, preparing for a career in Agriculture or Agri-Business.
• Are current members, or children of current members, of the South Dakota Stockgrowers Association. Applicants may join SD Stockgrowers at the time of Application.
(A membership form is available at www.southdakotastockgrowers.org)
Application must include:
1. Application form provided. 2017 Scholarship Form
2. Copy of your full year grade and a course transcript of record.
3. Narrative essay answering: “Why I want to pursue a career in Agriculture” (500 word minimum)
4. Photo. Photos requested – in the event you are awarded a scholarship, photo will be used for publication. (Mailed photos will be returned or you may email photo.)
Please mail completed applications to:
SDSGA Scholarship, 426 St. Joseph Street, Rapid City, SD 57701
OR email to Office@southdakotastockgrowers.org
DEADLINE for Application: Applications must be postmarked or received via email by the close of business on August 1, 2017.
The Scholarships will be awarded during SD Stockgrowers Association Annual Convention and Trade Show Banquet on Friday, September 22, 2017. The recipients of the scholarship will be expected to attend the banquet if possible.
The scholarships will be paid by South Dakota Stockgrowers Association & The Guy E. Ham Scholarship Trust no later than November 1, 2017 directly to the educational institution being attended by the recipient.
For more information please contact Silvia Christen, Executive Director,
South Dakota Stockgrowers Association at 605-342-0429 or email@example.com
Donations to the Guy E. Ham Beef Industry Scholarship are gratefully accepted by the SD Stockgrowers Association for the purpose of continuing this scholarship program. Please contact Silvia Christen if you would like to make a contribution to this scholarship.